Can We Return An Item?
We are a professional company, and as such, abide by the Distance Selling Regulations.
In brief these are the steps you need to take if you do wish to return an item to Childrens Bed Shop:
1. Inform us in writing (e-mail) within 7 days from point of delivery advising us why you want the item returned.
2. Return the item to us via your own courier or we can arrange a courier for you – there will be a charge for this.
3. A refund will be made for the value of the goods.
4. Customised or personalised goods can not be returned unless there is a fault.
5. Flat pack furniture can not be returned if it has been opened and assembled (or if you have attempted to assemble it).
6. Mattresses can not be returned if the packaging has been opened. If you want to try it at home – simply leave the packaging on. If you arrange a return and the packaging has been opened or tampered with – you will be charged for a re-delivery as we will not refund the item. We value the Health and Safety of our customers.
7. We are an honest company and hope you shop with us time and time again – we are not like a lot of the one man bands online who will throw every obstacle at you so they don't take an item back – all we ask for is honesty.
Here are some snippets from the Distance Selling Regulations:
Businesses that sell or market products or services online - over the internet, by email, on interactive digital television or using mobile-phone text messages - must comply with the E-Commerce Regulations.
Many of the rules are similar to those that businesses selling to consumers must comply with under the Distance Selling Regulations.
• give customers the full name of your business as well as your geographic address and email address – our details are all over the website;
• give your VAT number, if applicable – Ours are at the base of every page;
• give a clear indication of prices if you refer to them, together with details of any associated taxes and delivery costs. Our prices include delivery for our distribution area – if you live outside that area simply have a look at our Coverage Area link;
• acknowledge receipt of orders electronically and without undue delay – as soon as you order you will get an email from sage pay as well as Childrens Bed Shop;
• make sure customers can store and reproduce any terms and conditions you supply - by downloading onto their own computer and printing them off, for example – see point above.
If in doubt, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org